This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 27 January 2016

Naomi Rouge - stages 1 and 2

Stage 1
I fancy doing a painting that is all about the colour red and then realised that my regular model, the lovely Naomi Wood has red hair so I thought that she would make a good starting point. I am keeping the composition strong and simple with Naomi against a cloudy sky, her red hair set against the reds of the background, the theme of a figure against clouds has always appealed to me particularly when there is no landscape, the figure taking on a more iconic aspect.
Stage 1 has been "drawn" up with a small bristle brush using a mix of Burnt Sienna and Winsor Violet thinned with Liquin and turpentine. 
Stage 2 first had a wash of Permanent Orange thinned with turpentine applied with a rag to the hair and figure and then another wash of a mix of Burnt Sienna, Winsor Violet and Alizarin Crimson thinned with turpentine applied with a rag to the face and background.

Stage 2
 

No comments:

Post a Comment