This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 28 January 2016

Naomi Rouge - stage 3

I painted in the sky underpainting first with mixes of Venetian Red, Winsor Violet and Brilliant Pink thinned with some Liquin and Lukas Number 5 Medium, making sure to get the placement of the clouds right for the design that I had in mind. I then roughly painted in a glaze of Permanent Orange mixed with Liquin on the hair. Finally I painted a glaze of Permanent Orange and Manganese Violet on the face and shadow areas of the body.
I am hoping that the sky underpainting is the right colour to sit under the reds that I have in mind.....

No comments:

Post a Comment