This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Sunday 31 January 2021

Tideline


 The general direction these trial painting are heading in is areas fading into colour, originally envisaged as fading to a side like this one where the colour fade is at the top. I have since realised that this is quite limiting and will only work with a certain composition (for which I have a couple of things to try out with a landscape... probably coming up after "Naomi" is finished). I don't think it particularly works on this, the idea to base it around a blue/green - red/orange complementary was all very well but....  The good thing is that I've only spent a few days on this so I can move on without wasting much time on it.

Oil on mdf 12" x 12". 

The colours I used are mentioned in a previous post on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment