This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 21 January 2021

Tate Birches - stage 1


 While waiting for "Strong Southerly" to dry so that I can scan and post I have been getting on with another trial painting quite different to the previous of the Silver Birch trees outside the Tate Modern in London at dusk. This one is about ending up with a painting that is more about pattern and texture and I am planning this to be about the design and am not going to try and give it a lot of depth as it will kill the pattern idea.

Colours used so far are: Ultramarine Violet, Ultramarine Blue, Kings Blue Light, Permanent Orange, Burnt Sienna, Naples Yellow, Bright Green Lake and Zinc White. 

Oil on mdf 12" x 12".

No comments:

Post a Comment