This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 28 January 2021

Haven

 


Another painting of my favourite location, Cuckmere Haven in East Sussex in which I try fading a side of the painting into colour, in this case the bottom, although in the end I decided to keep a bit of definition to the riverbanks. It was originally conceived to be dark at the bottom but I changed my mind and had it lighter in the foreground than the background.

The original inspiration for this came from one of my first oil paintings back in 2004 called "Dawn Rain Mae Hong Song" in which the painting fades down to a colour at the bottom, something I wasn't planning but it just seemed right to leave it like that at the time. I have always liked that look but had no real idea as to how to use it until some of these recent trial paintings have been veering this way so I thought that I would try and develop this idea and see if anything comes out of it.

Oil on mdf 12" x 12". 

There is a short step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

Dawn Rain Mae Hong Song

 

No comments:

Post a Comment