This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 28 January 2021

Tideline - stage 1

 


Actually I seem to have missed getting a photo of the tonal underpainting so the first post is this one where I have painted in the sand and pebbles. The idea is that a green/blue is going to come in from the top and gradually emerge out of the top fade into water lapping against the beach, all based around a blue/green-orange/red colour complementary. The colour in the foreground is quite saturated so I will need to desaturate the green/blue otherwise it will be too colourful.

Colours used so far: Burnt Sienna, Winsor Violet, Ultramarine Violet, Permanent Orange, Naples Yellow, Lemon Yellow, Cadmium Yellow Light, Yellow Lake Deep and Warm White.

Oil on mdf 12" x 12".

No comments:

Post a Comment