This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Friday 22 January 2021

Strong Southerly


 It looks like I'm going back to painting on board again for this series of pictures trying things out, a gap of about eight years or so since I last worked on board.

This one is a Tonalist painting of Brighton seafront where I live which is based around three current interests: colour, design and atmosphere. A strong southerly wind has blown the sea spray across the promenade which gave me some interesting design possibilities so I decided to keep things simple and let the basic design take centre stage by keeping the colours (a violet/yellow complementary) desaturated and simplifying the shapes of the buildings so that in the end it is literally about colour, design and atmosphere.

The colours I used are mentioned in a previous post on this blog.

Oil on mdf 12" x  12".

No comments:

Post a Comment