This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Monday 25 January 2021

Tate Birches

 


As I carry on with this series of trial pictures I think that I will continue with painting on square format board. This one was about concentrating on design and colour and wanted it not to have much depth so that it becomes more of a pattern. As usual there are aspects of this painting I don't like but I'm not going to worry about that as the paintings are small and only take a few days to paint so I am not wasting much time on the failures. I wonder what is going to come out of these paintings that is going to be incorporated in my main work?

This picture is of the birch trees outside the Tate Modern Gallery in London at dusk. Details on what colours I used can be found in previous posts on this blog.

Oil on mdf 12" x 12".

No comments:

Post a Comment