This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 1 September 2020

Richmond Park


 I lived in Richmond many years ago and often had a walk in the extensive park only ten minutes away from where I lived. This was meant to be another foliage painting trying things out but when I got to the first colour pass stage I got distracted by the way the tree trunks glowed against the subdued blue background. Consequently I went off on that tangent and ended up with a painting way more fantasy than I intended. The painting is OK in one way but it bugs me for it turning out this way. Maybe I have to accept that I naturally paint that way and it's pointless trying to change the way one naturally paints. The fantasy look would be OK if I were selling work easily in that field but I think I am in a no man's land between Fantasy and for want of a better term, "Fine Art" and am neither good enough or well known enough in either to really get anywhere.

Maybe one day I will happen upon the right "formula" and make some headway in one or even both of them. 

Oil on linen 22" x 16".

There is a short step-by-step progress through this painting including the colours I used in earlier posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment