This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 29 September 2020

The Lonely Night

 


This is the second painting that I have done of this location on Hove seafront near where I live, the older one shown below. This is another Tonalist painting that is an accompanying one to the previous, a gallery owner told me many years ago to think in pairs as a collector might be tempted to buy both when they see them together. Debating whether to show some of these to an art gallery a few streets away in Hove and overcome my disdain for UK galleries....

I tried a different colour for the underpainting on this one with the violet showing through and giving the whole painting a colder cast than normal. At some point I will try other colours like green but I have acommission to get on with now so that will have to wait.

Oil on linen 20" x 16".

There is a step-by-step progress through this painting including the colours I used in previous posts on this blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment