This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 16 September 2020

Cuckmere Shadow

 


Although this was meant to be a Tonalist painting, because I became intent on trying to get the landscape in sunlight to glow against the shadow it took it away from being a Tonalist painting... maybe the next one will be! Compositionally I tried to have three distinct bands of colour not being broken up with a foreground tree as I usually do, the placement of the clouds at left being the result of the original tonal underpainting wash-in when this was the last bit to go in and I decided I that I liked the placement of the light area as it was. 

This is a favourite landscape of mine, the Cuckmere Valley about half an hour from where I live.

Oil on linen 20" x 16".

There is a short step-by-step progress through this painting including the colours I used in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment