This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Friday 18 September 2020

Pier - stage 1


 OK finally hoping to do something Tonalist without being distracted by other ideas along the way. It should be a pretty moody painting of Brighton's Palace Pier from the beach but as in proper Tonalism it's the mood and lighting that is important not the subject so I am painting it with the focus on the sky not on the kiosk or pier.

This is the tonal underpainting stage with a mix of Burnt Sienna and Winsor Violet thinned with Liquin and applied with a small bristle brush and rag.

Oil on linen 20" x 16".

No comments:

Post a Comment