This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 10 September 2020

Cuckmere Shadows - stage 1


 This might well be the first of two versions of this view of the Cuckmere Valley from High and Over in East Sussex. I am continuing with the Tonalist theme for a while with this and possibly the next one both being more obviously tonal than previous ones over the years. This one is planned to be relatively light, probably based around a red/orange - green/blue complementary and the next one darker. We will see, my plans often change over my breakfast coffee...

This is the tonal underpainting stage using a mix of Burnt Sienna and Winsor Violet thinned with Liquin and applied with a small bristle brush and a rag.

Oil on linen 20" v 16".

No comments:

Post a Comment