This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Monday 22 February 2021

The Hillsboro Light


 The third in my "Magic Light" series I have moved to an urban setting for this one, strange things going on in Anywheresville USA. In all of this series I am leaving it up to the viewer as to what they think could be going on in each picture although this one has an obvious conclusion. It happens in the forecourt of an unremarkable pawn shop in Hillsboro Texas and wanted a mix of quite a dynamic composition with lots of diagonals combined with a still atmosphere, the hush of the light at dusk. The first three of this series are all using a similar colour palette so I need to move away from the yellow/violet complementary for the next one...

Oil on mdf 12" x 12".

There is a progress through this painting including what colours I used in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment