This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 18 February 2021

Dusk Encounter

 


The second in what seems to be a new series of paintings going under the title of "Magic Light" in which I hope to create a sense of mystery by having a strange light source within relatively ordinary landscapes and urban scenes. There is an implied narrative but I want the viewer to make up their own mind as to what is happening in the picture by hopefully giving them a sense of ambiguity; is something wonderful going on? Is something weird going on? Is something sinister going on? I might use the title to heighten the mystery too, in this case ... what kind of encounter? What I don't want to do is stray too far into Fantasy painting with these, I will need to curb my tendencies in that direction...

Oil on mdf 12" x 12".

There is a short progress through this painting including what colours I used in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment