This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Friday 26 February 2021

Budleigh


 I was about to start a Desert South West painting in my Magic Light series (what became the current Mesa Light) when I got distracted and ended up doing this one of Budleigh Salterton in Devon. It is quite a distinctive landscape and this tidal pool was a tempting way of playing with a light in the sky which could be moonlight but...

I like this Magic Light series as it's a subtle moving on in what I've been doing for years in terms of playing with light sources and makes use of my tendency to incorporate a Fantasy element into most of what I do but hopefully in this series it is held back to just a suggestion so won't put off the more "Fine Art"element of the market. I have noticed a number of painters in the USA that tap into this so hopefully the groundwork is already done for US collectors to buy this kind of landscape art. As for the UK I have no idea...

Oil on mdf 12" x 12".

There is a progress through this painting including what colours I used in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment