This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 11 February 2021

Naomi Gold

 


Well this painting didn't go the way I intended at the start! I was planning to do a low-saturation limited palette painting with looser more expressive brushmarks... ha!  I think the problem was I didn't choose the right subject, as I progressed through the painting it became obvious that this would not suit a portrait of a beautiful smooth-skinned woman, it was much more suited to a craggy male so at some point soon I will have another go at it with a male subject. A self portrait?

This is a second attempt at painting a picture with this title, the first one I aborted a few years ago as it looked so terrible. I don't mind how it's come out if I forget what I actually set out to do, it looks a bit more painterly than normal but.. 

The model is the lovely Naomi Wood who I paint a lot as I have so many great shots of her to work from, maybe when this pandemic is over I will get her to my studio and paint from life for a change... I quite like the background which was achieved by pushing transparent paint around so I guess I've learned something from this one!

Oil on mdf 12" x 12".

There is a short progress including what colours I used through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment