This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Monday 15 February 2021

Dusk Encounter - stage 1


 A tentative title for the second in a new series of paintings called "Magic Light". The ambiguous light in "Crepuscolo San Polo" has gave me the idea for this new series wherein I hope to transform a relatively ordinary landscape or urban scene into something more mysterious by having an unusual light source within it. 

This is the tonal underpainting stage for which I used a mix of Burnt Sienna, Transparent Yellow Oxide and Winsor Violet thinned with Liquin using a small bristle brush and a rag.

Oil on mdf 12" x 12".

No comments:

Post a Comment