This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Monday 7 August 2023

Souk Al Medina


 After about a two week break from painting that I think I needed (although that time was filled with doing my tax and dealing with a medical problem) I am back to work as I have just realised that IX is not far away and I need to get some paintings ready to take. In a way I'm the victim of my success in that many paintings I intended to take have already sold so I have the potential dilemma of marking some upcoming paintings as not for sale so that I can take them to IX in mid October - is this a mistake and should always sell when someone wants to buy it?

I have had to abandon for the moment the series I was working on, "Into The Sun" (which wasn't going that well anyway) and indeed the next series I had in mind, "The Golden Hour" so that I can build up some stock for IX.

This one is loosely based on a Midjourney piece shown at the end of this post and is a return of a favourite theme, Orientalism. These nocturnes have proved pretty popular with buyers so I need a few more to take to IX and indeed while waiting for this to dry for scanning I have got on with the next one, a Japanese-themed one that have also been popular with buyers....

16" x 12" Oil on fine cotton .

There is a short progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

Midjourney


No comments:

Post a Comment