This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 23 August 2023

Dusk On The Nile


 I wanted this one to look like the 19th Century landscapes of Hermann Corrodi and the Orientalist colour retouched postcards that were around in the early 20th century. After some struggling with the sky I think I got near to what I was looking for by keeping all the other colours subdued against the sky that I wanted to glow. This painting was a bit of a change as I usually compose pictures with a dominant shape/object in the foreground but this time no one element was meant to dominate the composition as I wanted the pictorial vintage postcard look.

This will be another painting that I hope to take to IX in October. Oil on fine cotton 16" x 12".

There is a step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment