This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 31 August 2023

City Of Light - stage 1


 This will be another painting hopefully heading for IX in October. I want this one to be very soft with fuzzy shadows and fuzzy light so that it has an atmosphere of heat, dust and moonlight. It has origins in Midjourney but as you will see it only acted as a trigger as MJ does in any of my paintings where I use it - it is shown at the bottom of this post.

This is the initial tonal underpainting using my usual mix of Burnt Sienna and Dioxazine Purple thinned with Liquin and applied with a rag and flat brushes. I will probably do another pass with this colour on the city before I do the final desaturated blue wash over most of it.

Oil on linen 22" x 16".

Midjourney

 

No comments:

Post a Comment