This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 29 August 2023

Land Of Snow


 I fancied painting something in blues and Maxfield Parrish came to mind so a painting of his called "Hilltop Farm" which I have always liked became the inspiration for this painting. I really like the colours and lighting so I thought that I would keep to the basic design of a dark foreground tree set against a typical Parrish blue sky but of course redesigned everything with a castle (German/Italian architectural style that Parrish used a lot) instead of a farm with some lights on and a hint of sunlight in the distance (orange/blue complementary).

This is potentially another painting heading for IX in October. Oil on fine cotton 16" x 12".

There is a step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment