This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Sunday 6 August 2023

Hatsuhinode - stage 1


 While "Souk Al Medina" dries I have got on with another painting destined for IX in October and returned to my popular Japanese themes. "Hatsuhinode" is the first dawn of the New Year in Japan which I thought would be a nice title seeing as it's a sunrise/dawn painting. I'm planning on this one being quite moody with the low sun near the horizon off set my the misty desaturated colours of the rest of the painting.

This is early days as it's only halfway through the initial tonal underpainting but I need to let this dry so that I can finish it tomorrow. If I can finish it early enough I hope to paint in the secondary transparent desaturated blue wash by the end of the day tomorrow.

Oil on fine cotton 16" x 12".

No comments:

Post a Comment