This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 14 June 2023

El Camino Del Sur - stage 1


 OK so after a few changes of subject matter I have started the second in my "Into The Sun" series. I decided to leave the Orientalism alone for this one and have gone for something that would fit into my "Roadside America" series. It is really a trial run on trying something nearer to Bernie Fuchs as I have realised that he used thin washes of colour that he then rubbed away which is something that I have been doing for quite a while. I'm sure it won't come out like a Bernie Fuchs but it might look alright. Tomorrow should be fun as that is when I start washing yellows, oranges and green/blues into the sky... I think I know how I'm going to do it...

This is the usual tonal underpainting using the Burnt Sienna/Dioxazine Purple mix thinned with Liquin and applied with a rag, flat brush and cotton buds.

Oil on fine cotton 16" x 12".

No comments:

Post a Comment