This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Monday 12 June 2023

Dori Hinoiri


 I stumble out of the nocturnal sky and emerge blinking into the sunlight of a new series called "Into The Sun" which I envisage as a series of contre jour paintings that will hopefully be a nice counterpoint to the previous nocturnes. I was originally going to use the colour red as the theme for this series but once I had embarked on this one I realised that there was more scope with this theme. I might well use red in this series though so I wouldn't have completetly abandoned the original idea.

The title hopefully reads in Japanese as "Sunset Street"... if it doesn't then multiple apologies! It's loosely based on a Midjourney piece (shown at the end of this post) which I used for the basic location but as you can see I have somewhat changed things.

Midway through this painting I had been posting updates on the progress when three people commented that I should leave it alone as they thought it was finished.... well it wasn't as far as I was concerned and continued to tinker with it but I bore in mind their comments and tried to be very subtle with my subsequent tinkering. As usual I'm not sure about this one but maybe I'm too close to it and it's OK...

Oil on linen 22" x 16"

There is a step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

Midjourney

 

No comments:

Post a Comment