This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Friday 5 January 2024

Samui Fuyu - stage 1


 I was going to start work on a larger painting of a dark forest in snow trying out a new way of painting the snow but I felt I needed to do a trial piece first. I decided on a Japanese painting which will be for next month's slot on Every Day Original to see if what I have in mind works as I plan on painting the snow over a dark background and scraping out twigs and branches instead of painting them on top (although I suspect that I will do some of that as well). At the moment it looks a bit of a mess but hopefully tomorrow things will make more sense.

This is the basic tonal underpainting using my usual mix of Dioxazine Purple and Burnt Sienna thinned with Liquin and applied with a rag and brush.

Oil on fine cotton 16" x 12".



No comments:

Post a Comment