This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Friday 12 January 2024

Home Sweet Home - stage 1


 This is the next in my American Vista series (probably going to be retitled soon) which follows on from the earlier painting "Samui Fuyu" which essentially was a study for this larger painting. I learnt a few things from it including that my idea for a new way of painting snow didn't work but more positively that adding white to the underpainting mix of Dioxazine Purple and Burnt Sienna produced some nice shades of desaturated violets.

This one carries on the theme of a lonely dwelling amidst huge nature which as I have mentioned before carries with it a metaphorical content that I will elucidate clearer when the right words arrive...

This is the initial tonal underpainting stage using my usual mix of Dioxazine Purple and Burnt Sienna thinned with Liquin and applied with a rag and brush.

Oil on canvas 39" x 16".

No comments:

Post a Comment