This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Sunday 14 January 2024

Home Sweet Home - stage 2


 I decided to make the cabin look more crowded in with trees before I start painting with opaque colour so that I have an idea of the feeling that I want for this picture, the forest is meant to be kind of threatening. As I discovered from the last painting I might not be able to paint this in layers the way I normally do and instead work up each area separately using more wet-in-wet painting as I want it to have a quite painterly feel to it....

 I am also (at the moment) sticking with the idea of the light area at top right like the last painting had as it gives more variety to the tones etc but it also might be counter-ptoductive to the original idea so we shall see....

No comments:

Post a Comment