This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 30 August 2022

The Bazaar of Azam Shah


 Following on from "Misbah Street" this is another Orientalist painting based on a Midjourney piece that was "drawn up" using only a rag and my usual mix of Burnt Sienna and Winsor Violet thinned with Liquin.

I liked the basic Midjourney piece but wanted it to have the feel of a larger space so I improvised the architectural details,  most of it being made up as I went along. I originally planned for the figures being much closer but changed my mind and made them smaller which helps to support the idea of a larger space. I was a bit worried about it looking a bit monochrome so I introduced the green/blue complementary is a few places like the hanging lanterns to give more variety to the colour. In fact it was intended to be richer in colour than here but the painting seemed to want to go it's own way!

I intend to exhibit this at IX in Reading PA in October.

Oil on linen 22" x 16"

There is a step-by-step progress through this painting including the colours I used in previous posts on this blog.

Midjourney

 

No comments:

Post a Comment