This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 16 August 2022

Misbah Street - stage 1


 As I fight my way through the brain fug of Covid I have been playing with Midjourney, ending up in smoky streets in the casbahs and medinas of exotic cities (as I often like to do) of The East. I have accumulated a number of great Midjourney images that should be great starters for some paintings. I am treating this one as a study for a larger painting(s) and if it works out OK I will offer it for sale on my upcoming Every Day Original slot on the 28th of this month.

This is the initial tonal underpainting using my usual mix of Burnt Sienna and Winsor Violet thinned with Liquin but applied with a rag only without any drawing up with a brush i.e. it is all tone added or rubbed out for the highlights as I want the finished painting to be very soft and atmospheric.

Oil on fine cotton 16" x 12".

Midjourney


No comments:

Post a Comment