This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 31 August 2022

Masjid Al'Azraq - stage 1


 While I was painting "The Bazaar of Azam Shah" I got the idea to try and paint another large space, this time inside a mosque and this time all in blues as a nice contrast to the previous few paintings. Originally I wanted to do The Blue Mosque in Istanbul but couldn't come up with anything particularly useful in Midjourney so I moved my range to general mosque architecture when finally Midjourney came up with a few images that were nearer to what I was looking for. I am going to paint it mainly in blues but I will introduce some warm yellow/orange by introducing (actually a feature of The Blue Mosque) a hanging circle of of mosque lights in the distance under the dome.

If it works out OK I will treat this as a companion piece to "The Bazaar Of Azam Shah" and show it at IX in October.

Oil on linen 22" x 16". 

This is a preliminary tonal underpainting using only a rag with my Burnt Sienna/Winsor Violet mix thinned with Liquin. After this I intend to just use blues as I don't want much of the warm underpainting to show through.

Midjourney

 

No comments:

Post a Comment