This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 19 October 2021

Sun 'n Sand


 It has taken a while to finish the trilogy of small paintings of American road signs that I started a while ago as I have done another larger painting at the same time which I have just finished. This one was meant to alleviate the relative gloom of the other two by being in bright sunlight on a hot afternoon. Whether I have achieved that I am not sure as ever... I suppose this one is a bit nearer to the Americana genre in that I am using a roadside motel sign, but it is a genre I try to avoid as the point of the painting is the mood and design and not really the sign as such. I guess it's another for either my "Roadside America" series or "The Big Sky" series...

Oil on mdf 12" x 12". 

There is a short step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment