This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Saturday 2 October 2021

Bookstore - stage 1


 I have actually painted this building twice before already, it's an Adult book store in Detroit but I like the shapes so here it is again. All three of the current trio of paintings I am working on have a loose theme of American roadside signs, I think I like them because they are usually set against the sky which I have an abiding interest in painting.

This will hopefully work out dark and moody and hoping to use some thicker paint on this one and indeed hoping to bring out a bit more abstraction at least in terms of the design of the shapes. We will see...

Oil on mdf 12" x 12".

No comments:

Post a Comment