This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Monday 11 October 2021

Bookstore


 Still trying to get to grips with using red. I put dark colours around the red areas but used an analgous colour scheme which may have diluted the intensity of red that I was looking for so I have started another painting using red in a different way. This is the third time that I have painted this building... one day I'll get it right! I wanted this one to be moody with a strong design focusing on the red so I guess I managed to do that but.... 

Some parts of this was painted wet-in-wet which I enjoyed doing, indeed I used to paint a lot more this way a number of years ago and I think I need to bring this back again into my work. The building is an adult book store in Detroit but I decided to leave out all the lettering to focus more on the shapes and colour. Anyway it's another one for my Roadsde America series.

Oil on mdf 12" x 12".

There is a step-by-step progress through this painting in earlier posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment