This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 28 October 2021

Roy's


 Another Roadside America painting. I think I am honing it down as to what I am looking for in these pictures, relatively ordinary American roadside locations often painted in a quite almost romantic light but always deserted. Has something happened or is it just a quiet moment? A feeling of unease without any obvious clues so it's left up to the viewer to make up their own narrative as to what's going on... or not.

Still playing around with reds, this time based more around pinks and reds, it reminds me of a Magritte painting "Empire of Light" (I think that's the title) which is no bad thing. Maybe the pink is too much here and pushes it towards kitsch a bit... dunno.

Oil on mdf 18 1/2" x 18 1/2"

There is a step-by-step progress through this painting including what colours I used in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment