This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 6 October 2021

Cafe Red


 This follows on from "Station Red" in that the sky didn't turn out how I wanted so I thought I would try again. This one is nearer but more importantly I have another way of painting skies which is nice... this one is still not quite how I want it but it will do. The indication of rain in the distance at right has gave me an idea for something else to try but I have a couple of others to finish first - mind you I will draw it up very soon.

This one has a certain mood that I like so in that way I am happy with it, the way the ground is painted comes from me trying working up the underpainting to finish in transparent layers a couple of years ago so these periods of experimentation do produce results in the end.

Oil on mdf 12" x 12".

There is a step-by-step progress through this painting in earlier posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment