This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Saturday 29 June 2019

Ponte San Agostin - stage 5

Still keeping within the confines of the blue/orange complementary I painted in the bridge with the colour getting a bit warmer as it gets nearer using some more Burnt Sienna and Ultramarine Violet in the mixes before going onto the lit area at the right. I used mixes of Lead Tin Yellow Lemon, Cadmium Yellow Light, Yellow Lake Deep, Permanent Orange, Burnt Sienna and Ultramarine Violet for here. Because the blues and oranges are complementary each makes the other look more saturated.
I am writing the article for the Artists & Illustrators magazine as I go along which is just as well as the deadline of July 3rd is fast approaching and I need to let the finished painting dry before I can scan it so I can send all together to the publishers.

No comments:

Post a Comment