This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 6 June 2019

Oliver's Island Winter Storm - stages 2 & 3

Morning Session
Managed to paint most of the sky this morning and the rest this afternoon. It's based on a blue/orange complementary and was painted with mixes of Prussian Blue, Ultramarine Blue, Permanent Orange, Zinc White, Warm White and Naples Yellow - all Michael Harding paints.
I blocked in a thin mix of Prussian Blue and Permanent Orange over the land and water in readiness for tomorrow's session. The lightest part of the picture will be the large white cloud directly above the boat and jetty, roughly composed using the Rule Of Thirds for placement. The overall colour of the painting is to be kept cold and relatively desaturated.

Stage 3

No comments:

Post a Comment