This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 20 June 2019

Oliver's Island Autumn Sunrise

This is the last of the quartet of paintings of the same location, Oliver's Island on the Thames at Strand On The Green, under different lighting and season etc. I was dismayed to find that when I went to visit the location in West London last week the poplar trees were no longer there but I decided to paint them in for continuity's sake to fit in with the others. I was originally going to have a Summer blue sky with white fluffy clouds but again didn't feel that it would fit in with the others so I went for a warm and dramatic feel, two cold pictures two warm.
All four paintings are actually based on a blue/green - red/orange colour complementary, each one being a variation within that range of colour. 
I must now get on with writing the next article for Artists & Illustrators magazine that will be incorporating aspects of these paintings and other recent pictures.
16" x 12" oil on linen.
There is a step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment