This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Friday 26 April 2019

Twilight Visitors

Another in my series of alien spacecraft in our skies, the underlying theme being that sooner or later (or indeed has already happened) the Earth will be visited by beings from another planet whether in a spacecraft or by other means, well who knows...whatever they arrive in they may well decide to steer clear of a human race hell bent on it's own destruction and decide just to observe us maybe. 
Anyway I am painting this series as though these spacecraft are arriving on our beautiful Earth for real so in a way these aren't Science Fiction paintings! Below them is a landscape of cities, towns, farmed fields as we all go about our little lives unaware of what is arriving above us. This painting, "Twilight Visitors" has a spaceship floating in a twilight sky above a small coastline port, it's shape vaguely mimicking the shapes of the clouds so that they aren't immediately visible in a passing glance of the sky by an inhabitant below. 
As a subtext to this series I am not having any lights on in the spacecraft as a possible suggestion that there is no being alive on them after such a long voyage and the ship is just operating on some sort of autopilot. 
As I was painting the spaceship the warm underpainting was showing through and looked like rust which I have kept on this painting and has given me the idea for the next, "Long Way From Home".
This is a painting possibly heading for IX in October.
Oil on linen 16" x 12".
There is a step-by-step progress through this picture in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment