This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 25 April 2019

Long Way From Home - stages 1 & 2

Stage 1
While "Twilight Visitors" is drying I have got on wth the next one, "Long Way From Home". The idea of the rusting spaceship came from the last picture and have decided to come nearer to the ship this time so that the rusting surfaces are clearer. The title refers to the spaceship having been in space for a very long time and bears the scars of space travel. Like all my spacecraft there are no lights inside as I like to think that they are possibly lifeless hulks, their crew having died a long time ago. 
I have chosen a red/orange - green/blue colour complementary as I want to emphasise the rust colours.
Stage 1 was "drawn" up with a small bristle brush using a mix of Burnt Sienna and Winsor Violet thinned with Liquin.
Stage 2 is the tonal underpainting in which I have used the same paint mix but applied with a rag.

Stage 2

No comments:

Post a Comment