This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 30 April 2019

Long Way From Home

The next painting in my series of smaller paintings of alien spacecraft over Earth is "Long Way From Home". The idea of the rusting spaceship follows on from the last painting but I decided to get closer to the ship so that the rust is more apparent. I chose a red/orange - green/blue colour complementary for this one so that the rusty colours are emphasised.
I like the idea of the spacecraft has been in space and maybe other planets for so long that the surfaces are starting to rust in some way. Maybe all the occupants are long dead and is just flying on autopilot or maybe it's a kind of drone ship. In a way these paintings are not Science Fiction as I am painting them as if they are arriving here at this time for real, the spaceships hovering in the sky above us while we carry on with our little lives below.
Another painting that could possibly be heading for IX in October.
Oil on linen 16" x 12"
There is a short step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment