This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 30 April 2019

Nightwatch - stages 1 & 2

Stage 1
Following on from the last painting here is another in my series of smaller pictures of alien spaceships over Earth, "Nightwatch". I like the idea of these craft being rusty as though they have been in space for a long long time with this one quietly flying over a town at night. "Nightwatch" will be based around a blue/orange complementary with the brightest part of the picture being the lights below. I have very quickly painted in indications of lights and roads in stage 2 which I will use as a guide and won't be meticulously painting it all in as it appears here.
Stage 1 was "drawn" up with a small bristle brush in the morning session using a mix of Burnt Sienna and Winsor Violet thinned with Liquin.
Stage 2 was painted in the later afternoon session when the lines had pretty much dried in stage 1 and used the same paint mixture but applied first with a rag and then the landscape details picked out by erasing lines etc with a small bristle brush dipped in clean turpentine.

Stage 2

No comments:

Post a Comment