This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Sunday 21 April 2019

Twilight Visitors - stage 1

While I am waiting for "Obscured By Cloud" to dry so that I can scan it and post I have got on with the next one in this series of small paintings of spaceships and clouds. The underlying theme of these is sooner or later (or already happened!) the Earth will be visited by beings from another planet because it is inconceivable that we are the only planet in the entire Universe that has Life, intelligent or otherwise...not sure how much intelligent life there is here but that's another story. They might not arrive in a spacecraft but that is one possibility. I am painting them as though real spacecraft are arriving on Earth as we know it today with cities, farmed landscape etc and we the inhabitants are getting on with our little lives as incredible things are arriving in the sky.
This one is called "Twilight Visitors" and shows a coastline with a small port town, all the lights on and everybody living their little lives. Up in the sky if someone cares to look up a strange spacecraft hangs in the twilit sky it's shape and position echoing the clouds, some might see it most won't.
This first stage was "drawn" up with a small bristle brush using my usual mix of Burnt Sienna and Winsor Violet mixed with Liquin. This will dry overnight so that I can do the tonal underpainting tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment