This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Friday 14 December 2018

Ronda

Another small painting trying things out in line with my new mantra "Lose Edges, Combine Shapes!"
Still not there yet but maybe I'm on the way. I like the trees at left which gives me the idea of a landscape next maybe even including these trees again but the whole thing cleaner looking with more contrast. 
Originally based on a red/green colour complementary I changed it to a yellow/violet when I introduced some violet into the sky and a few other areas. Although conceived as a relatively limited palette picture I felt I needed a bit more variety of colour in it. 
I think I have got into some bad habits over the past couple of years when painting more "fantasy" pictures as the genre generally encourages lots of detail which is fine but I have lost some connection with my earlier work that was more "fine art" oriented so I think that is where I need to to draw a line between the two different approaches and try to keep each side of my work more separate and distinct. I don't want all my eggs in one basket and need to ensure that I am progressing in both areas.
Oil on linen 16" x 12".
There is a short step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment