This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Sunday 2 December 2018

Ninth Avenue

Although in one way this is OK, on many points I actually don't like it: the scale of the traffic signal post is wrong to the figures near it, why is the car there it doesn't fit, it is too much like what I was painting some years ago and feel that I haven't moved on and it is all way too static and lifeless with too many unbroken verticals...and I don't think the colours suit the subject.
Still we learn from these problems so hopefully the next painting addresses these concerns!
Oil on linen 16" x 12".
There is a step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment