This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Monday 31 December 2018

Low Season

Another painting following the mantras stuck to my easel (see previous posts) this time the location is the King Alfred Leisure Centre on Hove seafront ten minutes walk from where I live. On this one I have joined tonally or literally the dark clouds in the sky to the ice cream kiosk which in turn joins the ground, buildings and reflections next to it to create a continuous shape. I have offset the central position of the kiosk and sun by having very different left and right sides in terms of tones and shapes to hopefully produce an interesting design to the picture. It's based around a yellow/blue colour relationship, the yellow of the traffic cone linking to the clouds and the blues in the kiosk linking to the sky. What looks like orange is actually the Burnt Sienna of the underpainting showing through.
Oil on linen 12" x 16".
There is a short step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment