This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 13 September 2022

Land of Storms

 


I abandoned the previous painting I have been working on as I wasn't happy with the composition and felt that I could never correct it satisfactorily and would be just wasting my time on it. I still like the idea and will return to it when I come up with a better composition.

I felt I needed a change from the exotic Orientalism stuff and thought it was time for a few Fantasy landscapes which I need to take to IX next month. I decided to see what Midjourney could come up with as it seems well suited to this kind of imagery. It came up with quite a few possibles and I chose this one to start with and I decided to stick quite close to the original MJ piece as I wanted something dark and contrasty which this reflects. In the end I warmed up the colours, redrew the city/castle, rocks and sea but kept pretty close to the sky. I think I'm going to have a John Martin feel to these landscapes...

I will be taking this to exhibit and hopefully sell at IX in Reading PA next month.

Oil on linen 22" x 16"

There is a step-by-step progress through this painting including what colours I used in previous posts on this blog.

Midjourney

 

No comments:

Post a Comment