This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 7 September 2022

Land of Storms - stage 1


 I abandoned " Masjid Al'Azraq" as I wasn't happy with the composition and felt that whatever I did with it it would never work. I still like the idea and will return to it when I get a better composition together.

I thought that it would be a nice change to get away from the exotic Orientalism stuff for a bit and do a few Fantasy landscapes which I will need to take to IX next month. I thought that it would be interesting to see what Midjourney came up with especially as it seems to favour this kind of subject matter. It came up with quite a few possibles and I chose this one as the first, in fact I am going to stick quite close to the original Midjourney piece for this one as I saw in my mind a quite dark and contrasty landscape which this one reflects. I'm going to warm it up a bit and have redrawn the castle/city but still kept the basic shape.

This is the tonal underpainting stage using my usual mix of Burnt Sienna and Winsor Violet thinned with Liquin and applied with a rag and brush.

Oil on linen 22" x 16".

Midjourney


No comments:

Post a Comment