This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 29 March 2022

The Madrasah of Ibn Shah


 The Madrasah of Ibn Shah was known throughout the land as a great seat of learning drawing students from across the world in search of knowledge and understanding. As it was considered a light of hope in a darkened world the lights were left on through the night as a symbol of what the madrasah represented. Many a student arrived at the door tired and bedraggled after a long journey to be welcomed in, given food and water and taken to a room where they can sleep and in the morning begin their education.

Well I seem to recall that I read this somewhere... or maybe not....

I am now on the roster of artists on the new Beyond The Every Day gallery that is run by Every Day Original. The gallery is different to EDO in that one can sell larger paintings without the price cap of $500 and is better for me as all the Orientalist paintings that I have sold so far on the site are really bargains in terms of size and execution as I have always regarded them as loss leaders to get more people interested in my work. I will continue to paint pictures for the EDO gallery that are posted bi-monthly. "The Madrasah of Ibn Shah" will be sold at a more realistic price in relation to the size and relative complexity. Any of these paintings posted on Beyond The Every Day that remain unsold will be shown at the upcoming IX art fair in October.

I followed the composition and lighting of my previous painting "Station Blue" and have chosen the style of architecture of Central Asia although I have taken many liberties as this is a Fantasy painting and not of a real place. A madrasah is a school for the teaching of Islam to children and older students and can be found in every Islamic country.

Oil on linen 22" x 16".

There is a step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment